Door window and locking installation

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
Heronscourt
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm
Great Britain

#1 Door window and locking installation

Post by Heronscourt » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:46 pm

When I stripped the doors on my series 1.5 roadster I removed the window, frames and regulators first, followed sometime later by the locking mechanisms. I’m not sure this was the correct order so can anyone advise which is the correct order of re- installation.
Alan R
Etype series 1.5 roadster 1968

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


angelw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:27 pm
Location: Ballarat, Vic, Australia
Australia

#2 Re: Door window and locking installation

Post by angelw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:54 pm

Hello Alan,
The order doesn't really matter, as each assembly can be removed and replace independent of the other. The remote bar from internal door handle to lock mechanism is on the outside of the door frame; accordingly, there is no interference.

Regards,

Bill

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
Heronscourt
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm
Great Britain

#3 Re: Door window and locking installation

Post by Heronscourt » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:07 am

Thanks for that Bill, it was just that I remember quite a struggle removing the frames and regulators ind wondered if I’d got the wrong sequence.
Alan R
Etype series 1.5 roadster 1968

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Gfhug
Posts: 3865
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:08 pm
Location: Near Andover, Hampshire,in D.O. Blighty
Great Britain

#4 Re: Door window and locking installation

Post by Gfhug » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:28 pm

Alan, this thread might help with some of what you’ll be doing:
http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17780

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic