Page 1 of 1
#1 Door window and locking installation
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:46 pm
by Heronscourt
When I stripped the doors on my series 1.5 roadster I removed the window, frames and regulators first, followed sometime later by the locking mechanisms. I’m not sure this was the correct order so can anyone advise which is the correct order of re- installation.
#2 Re: Door window and locking installation
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:54 pm
by angelw
Hello Alan,
The order doesn't really matter, as each assembly can be removed and replace independent of the other. The remote bar from internal door handle to lock mechanism is on the outside of the door frame; accordingly, there is no interference.
Regards,
Bill
#3 Re: Door window and locking installation
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:07 am
by Heronscourt
Thanks for that Bill, it was just that I remember quite a struggle removing the frames and regulators ind wondered if I’d got the wrong sequence.
#4 Re: Door window and locking installation
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:28 pm
by Gfhug
Alan, this thread might help with some of what you’ll be doing:
http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17780
Geoff