S2 wiper switch wiring

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
phoenix
Great Britain

#1 S2 wiper switch wiring

Post by phoenix » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi I am trying to wire up my S2 wiper motor but all of the schematics show eight terminals on the back of the switch . I have a switch supposedly for the S2 self parking wiper motor but mine only has six terminals . Can anyone shed any light on this for me .
S1 4.2 RHD Bryan

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarekH
Great Britain

#2 Re: S2 wiper switch wiring

Post by MarekH » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:11 pm

Make a truth table for each switch and you'll see how to wire each one up to achieve the same result. Having part numbers helps as the information is probably already posted elsewhere.

In general an eight terminal dash switch will have three positions and that is consistent with off, slow and fast settings where some or all of the top four connect, middle four connect and bottom four connect respectively. If the six terminal switch is also a three position switch, then it might well be doing the same thing as the eight position switch, which will have some of its eight terminal probably linked to each other or some unused terminals anyway.

Without part numbers or a diagram of what connects in each position, you won't get very far and no one here can do that for you with the information provided.

kind regards
Marek

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#3 Re: S2 wiper switch wiring

Post by mgcjag » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:39 am

Does your switch have 8 rivets but only 6 terminals.....so an 8 way with regard to terminal numbering...posting photos helps us to help you........Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

johnetype
Great Britain

#4 Re: S2 wiper switch wiring

Post by johnetype » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:49 am

phoenix wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:05 pm
all of the schematics show eight terminals on the back of the switch .
Wiring diagrams in the Knowledge Base suggest that only 4 terminals are used on the back of the switch. Have a look at this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8i1ljkfu1wkl7 ... g.JPG?dl=1
John

1969 Series 2 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic