Page 1 of 1

#1 Fan options

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:09 am
by dlgis
Hi all, my current (and soon to be binned) radiator has a Revotec fan attached to the front side of the rad, and therefore my car has no stone guard fitted to the bonnet. I’ve got the new Radtec ( Marston stylee) rad going in soon and would like to revert to a fan fitted to the backside so I can fit a stoneguard. What are the current recommendations for a good fan ? The name Coolcat seems to come up a lot but I’m not clear whether these are available from a UK supplier and ideally I’d like something that I can get hold of fairly sharpish.🤔
Thanks

#2 Re: Fan options

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:37 am
by mgcjag
Hi Darryl.....quick search on cooling fan options... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14455

#3 Re: Fan options

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:17 am
by abowie
I have the CoolCat fan on two of my cars.

Good cooling, fits without shroud modification.

A little fiddly to fit but cools well. Comes from the US but worth a week's wait.

https://www.coolcatcorp.com/Merchant5/m ... ry_Code=CS

#4 Re: Fan options

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:25 am
by mtnjag
I have the Coolcat fan on my 3.8. Works very well and is said to draw 7amps, about same as original early fan. No mods, bolts up

#5 Re: Fan options

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:29 am
by dlgis
Thanks chaps, I’ve ordered up one from CoolCatCorp in USA 8-) I tried Ken in Rotherham but he was out of stock.

#6 Re: Fan options

Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 7:49 pm
by dlgis
My Coolcat turned up yeaterday :smile: it may be helpful for people to know it took 12 days to arrive and cost £186.55 all up. Happy so far, just got to fit it :bigrin:


Image

Image

#7 Re: Fan options

Posted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:22 am
by Heuer
Paint two opposing blades silver and the car will look stock - even fools concours judges!

#8 Re: Fan options

Posted: Thu May 05, 2022 10:20 am
by dlgis
I think I’ll need more than silver paint to fool concours judges on my car :lol:

#9 Re: Fan options

Posted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:04 pm
by mtnjag
:lol: