Post
by PainswickEType » Fri May 20, 2022 7:47 pm
Problem now sorted. I found an almost identical switch on Ebay, advertised as an E Type series 3 switch with a completely different Lucas part no. The only difference I could see, was that my switch had two yellow/white wires on a starter relay output. The smaller gauge of the two yellow/white wires wasn't present on the Ebay one. Easily rectified by using the empty corresponding bullet socket on the opposite side of the connector.
I don't know if anyone has experience of re-assembling one of these switches? I have tried for hours to put the old one back together. I can more or less see how the contact rotor goes into the housing, but trying to suss the position of the spring is just impossible!!
Neil
Neil. 1970 Series 2 drophead in regency red. Found car abandoned in a garage for 20 years after having been extensively restored.