Page 1 of 1

#1 Inlet cam cover seal 3.8 engine

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:50 pm
by Desmo
Hello,

I ordered the inlet cam cover seal with article number C 149991 from the well-known spare parts dealer. The new seal is not slightly conical like the original and is only about 3 mm thick. The original one is approx. 3.9 mm on the inside and approx. 4.2 mm on the outside. It fits snugly into the groove of the cam cover. Since the new seal is very narrow, it does not stay in the cam cover groove. Is that okay?
Thank you for your thoughts.

Regards
John

#2 Re: Inlet cam cover seal 3.8 engine

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:23 am
by Mich7920
Hi
Same problem, I fit 2 instead of one;
The real ref is C14991
Mich

#3 Re: Inlet cam cover seal 3.8 engine

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:41 am
by abowie
The seal is a compression fit so needs it sit proud of the groove. If yours doesn't it may leak.

From memory the last couple of engines I did I cut a section from an appropriately sized O ring.