Page 1 of 1

#1 S.1 RHD Speedo Cable Clip C17140

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:14 pm
by gmunro
Hi Gents,

I have the RHD Speedo Cable Clip C17140 but am unsure where it attaches.

Does any kind member of the Forum have any pics of exactly where this clip fits on a S1, 4.2 OTS? :banghead:

Many thanks and kind regards,

George

#2 Re: S.1 RHD Speedo Cable Clip C17140

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:20 pm
by Gfhug
George C17410? It looks like your answers can be found in the suggestions below. Isn’t that one of the great things about this forum, asking a question can often produce an answer in the similar topics.

Good luck

Geoff

#3 Re: S.1 RHD Speedo Cable Clip C17140

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:10 pm
by Ian Howe
Image

#4 Re: S.1 RHD Speedo Cable Clip C17140

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:32 pm
by gmunro
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for the picture. It is hard to identify exactly where the clip is bolted to. Can you please tell me exactly where on the car this picture is taken?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

George

#5 Re: S.1 RHD Speedo Cable Clip C17140

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:41 pm
by bitsobrits
Clearly it is bolted to the left side of the stabilizer bracket that is directly behind the engine on the firewall. :wink:

#6 Re: S.1 RHD Speedo Cable Clip C17140

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:10 pm
by Heuer
Ever wondered about those two holes in the stabiliser 'A' bracket on the bulkhead are for?
Image
Image
Image

The early LHD cars had the clip bolted to the A frame as shown in Ian's photo above. On later LHD cars there are two clips, one on the pedal box and the other bolted to the bell housing:
Image

#7 Re: S.1 RHD Speedo Cable Clip C17140

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:58 pm
by Ian Howe
Hi David

This is 875039 - showing the bell housing clip and the 'P' clip attached to the top brake master cylinder inside bolt. I think this was always the configuration for LHD.

Image

Image

I forget where I got the photo posted in answer to the question about RHD C17140, but I had assumed the bracket is on the left hand side guiding up the speedo cable from the smiths drive on the left.

Ian

#8 Re: S.1 RHD Speedo Cable Clip C17140

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:53 pm
by Heuer
With the C17140 it will only work in one orientation and that is to the drivers side of the A frame (I have tried both ways, and only one works). The clip supports the cable from the speedometer as it comes out of the bulkhead.

I assumed your photo was of an OBL. I will do some more research into LHD configuration.

#9 Re: S.1 RHD Speedo Cable Clip C17140

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:21 pm
by Heuer
Done some more deep research with the help of Ian Howe. This is the correct position of the clip on RHD cars:
Image
Image

And confirms Ian's photo as being correct:
Image

It is a bit of a relief to be honest as the clip is easy to fit on that side and almost impossible on the other side with the engine in place.

#10 Re: S.1 RHD Speedo Cable Clip C17140

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:04 am
by gmunro
Gents,

Many, many thanks to all who responded to my cry for help regarding the C17410 Speedo Cable Clip. I have now managed to fit it ...... not a simple job but doable with patience :salute:

Once again, the collective minds of the Forum have come up trumps - thank you :thankyouyellow:

Yours aye,

George