#1 Emergency Tool / Spare Parts Kit ?
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:55 pm
All,
I'm about to put my car (S1 4.2 Coupe) back on the road after about 12 years. When it was last on the road, I did cobble together a small tool kit which fitted within the spare wheel, but this has now migrated to my daily driver.
Apologies if this has been done to death before, if so please direct me to the appropriate thread!
So...what do you consider essential for a tool kit for a S1 E-type, and also what spare parts are the most likely to be needed to get you back home?
So far I've got:
Tools
Jack & spacer block(s)
Thor hammer
Small Socket set (metric may have to do due to availability)
Adjustable spanner
11/32 AF x 3/8 AF
7/16 AF x 1/2 AF
9/16 AF x 5/8 AF
3/4 AF x 7/8 AF
Flat-bladed screwdriver
Cross-head screwdriver
Small pliers
Wire cutters/strippers
Feeler gauges
Torch
Spares
Wire
Electrical tape
Distributor points
Condenser
Radiator bandage
Barrs Leaks
Bulbs
Fuses (in holders behind centre dashboard)
500 ml Engine Oil
500 ml Brake fluid
Small can WD40
4TR unit
Spark Plug
Thanks.
I'm about to put my car (S1 4.2 Coupe) back on the road after about 12 years. When it was last on the road, I did cobble together a small tool kit which fitted within the spare wheel, but this has now migrated to my daily driver.
Apologies if this has been done to death before, if so please direct me to the appropriate thread!
So...what do you consider essential for a tool kit for a S1 E-type, and also what spare parts are the most likely to be needed to get you back home?
So far I've got:
Tools
Jack & spacer block(s)
Thor hammer
Small Socket set (metric may have to do due to availability)
Adjustable spanner
11/32 AF x 3/8 AF
7/16 AF x 1/2 AF
9/16 AF x 5/8 AF
3/4 AF x 7/8 AF
Flat-bladed screwdriver
Cross-head screwdriver
Small pliers
Wire cutters/strippers
Feeler gauges
Torch
Spares
Wire
Electrical tape
Distributor points
Condenser
Radiator bandage
Barrs Leaks
Bulbs
Fuses (in holders behind centre dashboard)
500 ml Engine Oil
500 ml Brake fluid
Small can WD40
4TR unit
Spark Plug
Thanks.