#1 Bonnet spring adjustment
Posted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:18 pm
Hi, Looking for a bit of advice.
My bonnet when opened would stay in position. For obvious reasons it started when I replaced the electric fan from a kenlowe mounted on a steel frame in the nose of the bonnet to a revotec mounted behind the radiator. The bonnet is close to staying open or if it does stay open any movement will start it closing. So just needs a bit more assistance.
Rather than renewing the springs is there any adjustment on the hinge position to increase the force to keep open?
As I see the hinges are slotted but cannot work out which way would increase the force?
My bonnet when opened would stay in position. For obvious reasons it started when I replaced the electric fan from a kenlowe mounted on a steel frame in the nose of the bonnet to a revotec mounted behind the radiator. The bonnet is close to staying open or if it does stay open any movement will start it closing. So just needs a bit more assistance.
Rather than renewing the springs is there any adjustment on the hinge position to increase the force to keep open?
As I see the hinges are slotted but cannot work out which way would increase the force?