#1 Fuel & Additives?
Posted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:30 pm
All,
S1 4.2, 1964.
Next Saturday my E-type will be MOT'd for the first ime in about 15 years. I've done quite a few technical and cosmetic jobs in it recently in preparation, but I'm unsure about what fuel to use. Since it was last on the road, leaded petrol is completely unavailable, and the change from E5 to E10 has taken place.
For initial fettling I've been using Shell V-Power.
Question is, for a standard engine like mine:
1) Which fuel is best? I'm assuming Shell V-Power, Esso Synergy Supreme, BP Ultimate?
2) Are any additives beneficial e.g. octane booster/lead replacement or others that may reduce the advesr effects of additional ethanol?
For the amount of miles I'll be doing per year, I'm far less concerned about fuel/additive price than getting the best fuel for the engine and associated fuel system parts.
Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
S1 4.2, 1964.
Next Saturday my E-type will be MOT'd for the first ime in about 15 years. I've done quite a few technical and cosmetic jobs in it recently in preparation, but I'm unsure about what fuel to use. Since it was last on the road, leaded petrol is completely unavailable, and the change from E5 to E10 has taken place.
For initial fettling I've been using Shell V-Power.
Question is, for a standard engine like mine:
1) Which fuel is best? I'm assuming Shell V-Power, Esso Synergy Supreme, BP Ultimate?
2) Are any additives beneficial e.g. octane booster/lead replacement or others that may reduce the advesr effects of additional ethanol?
For the amount of miles I'll be doing per year, I'm far less concerned about fuel/additive price than getting the best fuel for the engine and associated fuel system parts.
Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.