Hi, all the wiring diagrams that I have found show the heated rear window circuit and state 'as fitted to later cars'.
My 1966 2+2 does not seem to have this circuit, there is no 6RA relay etc. Does anyone have the correct diagram please?
The in line fuse is 35A, is that correct?
Thanks
HRW wiring diagram
-
Stevejaguar
Topic author - Posts: 177
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:55 am

#2 Re: HRW wiring diagram
Service manual shows 2 diagrams....heated rear window when fitted and heated rear window on later cars and gives chassis numbers for the diagram to use.....the relay is only there to dim the warning lamp when you have your lights on....it is not used to switch the higher current for the hrw.....diagrams in the service manual section Knowledge base.....Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Stevejaguar
Topic author - Posts: 177
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:55 am

#3 Re: HRW wiring diagram
Thanks for the reply.
I have now found the 6RA relay behind one of the heater vents to the windscreen. Its been sitting there quietly hiding from the limelight since 1966 according to the date on it. I have not touched it since I bought the car in 1997. I've cleaned up all the bullet and spade connectors and it all works.
I have replaced the 35A in line fuse with a 15A .
Great place this forum.
Steve
I have now found the 6RA relay behind one of the heater vents to the windscreen. Its been sitting there quietly hiding from the limelight since 1966 according to the date on it. I have not touched it since I bought the car in 1997. I've cleaned up all the bullet and spade connectors and it all works.
I have replaced the 35A in line fuse with a 15A .
Great place this forum.
Steve
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


