Page 1 of 1
#1 HRW wiring diagram
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:52 am
by Stevejaguar
Hi, all the wiring diagrams that I have found show the heated rear window circuit and state 'as fitted to later cars'.
My 1966 2+2 does not seem to have this circuit, there is no 6RA relay etc. Does anyone have the correct diagram please?
The in line fuse is 35A, is that correct?
Thanks
#2 Re: HRW wiring diagram
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:37 am
by mgcjag
Service manual shows 2 diagrams....heated rear window when fitted and heated rear window on later cars and gives chassis numbers for the diagram to use.....the relay is only there to dim the warning lamp when you have your lights on....it is not used to switch the higher current for the hrw.....diagrams in the service manual section Knowledge base.....Steve
#3 Re: HRW wiring diagram
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:48 pm
by Stevejaguar
Thanks for the reply.
I have now found the 6RA relay behind one of the heater vents to the windscreen. Its been sitting there quietly hiding from the limelight since 1966 according to the date on it. I have not touched it since I bought the car in 1997. I've cleaned up all the bullet and spade connectors and it all works.
I have replaced the 35A in line fuse with a 15A .
Great place this forum.
Steve