Lucas washer bottle connector picture please

Technical advice Q&A

Monkeyfinger
Great Britain

#21 Re: Lucas washer bottle connector picture please

Post by Monkeyfinger » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:55 am

As an addition to this post, I found this picture of my bottle setup prior to recent fairly extensive renovation. I'd missed it before, but I actually had two plugs, one on the supply harness, then a short cable to the motor, with a 2nd plug. The plug on the supply harness is nowhere near close enough to plug directly onto the motor.

It doesn't seem logical at all, but I can never seem to find the right picture of the right car that shows the original wiring arrangement. My car was my dad's before mine, and I know for a fact there is no way he would have sourced a plug cover to make up a short connecting lead to the pump, he would have just used insulated spade connectors directly onto the motor.

It's not that important, but I always like to establish how things were ex-factory. If anyone has an original car and can take a picture of this area, I'd be interested.
Richard
- 1969 Series 2 OTS, family owned 40+ years

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Fuel.inj
Wales

#22 Re: Lucas washer bottle connector picture please

Post by Fuel.inj » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:03 pm

When I first had the car it was exactly the same set up as yours Richard with the two connectors, but one was brittle so I fitted bullet connectors on the wiring joints but it still has the original on the pump.
Paul.
1971 S2 FHC (Opalescent Blue)
1990 Mercedes Benz 260E
1972 Saab 96 V4
A number of Nortons.
1939 Triumph T100

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

caveman
Great Britain

#23 Re: Lucas washer bottle connector picture please

Post by caveman » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:21 pm

The S2 (and S1 4.2) wiring diagram indicate a single connector.
Steve
1965 S1 4.2 FHC (early)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Monkeyfinger
Great Britain

#24 Re: Lucas washer bottle connector picture please

Post by Monkeyfinger » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:08 am

Fuel.inj wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:03 pm
When I first had the car it was exactly the same set up as yours Richard with the two connectors, but one was brittle so I fitted bullet connectors on the wiring joints but it still has the original on the pump.
Thanks Paul, that's really interesting. Not sure about your car, but mine is a fairly low chassis number, so perhaps they were like this and then got changed. I may just re-instate the 2nd connector...
Richard
- 1969 Series 2 OTS, family owned 40+ years

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic