#1 XKE Series 1 leather and rubber shift boot
Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:49 am
The leather shift boot that is currently on my 1964 Jaguar XKE Series 1 is causing the shifter to pop out of 2nd and 4th gears. I have bought a new rubber boot from SNG Barrett Gear Lever Gaiter Part #P_BD29420_A. My interior is blue and I found a Tom Skinner blue leather boot on eBay but not sure if it is the correct blue.
Does anybody have any experience with these lever boot covers? It seems that the Series I boots are harder to find and I hope I bought the right one. Attached is a picture of the wrong leather and rubber boots.
Does anybody have any experience with these lever boot covers? It seems that the Series I boots are harder to find and I hope I bought the right one. Attached is a picture of the wrong leather and rubber boots.