Page 1 of 1

#1 Hardtop: help with finding setscrew BD20487/3

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:52 pm
by E703SU
I’m not finding from any of the leading usuals the hardtop setscrew BD20487/3, which secures the attachment brackets to the hardtop (part# 8 in the top image of the attached file).

Ideally I’d like to find 4 NOS or used original screws – but at least I’d hope to find a correct looking screw. The bottom imagine in the attached file shows a picture of an original screw, which is chromed and slotted (and I believe cheesehead).

(And a relatively minor point: Only one of the usuals lists the 2 washers for that screw. However, it lists both washers with superseded part numbers, and it lists the original chromed “special washer” (part#10) as just a “plain” washer. So I’m wondering whether those washers would be correct and/or fit an correct screw.)

Does anyone know of a parts supplier that carries the correct screw (and washers)?

Assuming not, can someone with an original screw tell me its length, OD and TPI so I can start hunting on line and at hardware stores?

Thanks

Image

#2 Re: Hardtop: help with finding setscrew BD20487/3

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:27 am
by Paul bow
Hi I bought all new chrome screws for my hardtop (S1), I def got them from robey or SNG, with new brackets and latches.