#1 Random Capacitor Behind Tacho (1967 series 1.25)
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2025 2:46 pm
Every now and then I find a random "present" from the previous owner. I've found a 5mF capacitor with a proper looking mount attached to the side of the choke lever bracket, immediately behind the tacho. It is wired into the loom with a purple wire, but the other wire isn't connected and is simply taped up. Not a great look!
I hate just ripping things like this out without understanding why it might be there in the first place. My first thought is just another bit of modding from the PO that can go. But, there's always an outside chance that it should be functioning and has become disconected at some point in the past. If I remove it I have a spare purple wire at the back of the dash, so I wonder what that should be for.
Any thoughts?
Car is a series 1.25 1967 RHD FHC (I know that people will moan about there being no such thing as s.1.25, or s.1.5 but it is a late series 1 with open headlights but toggle switches - ie s.1.25!)
Cheers, Paul
I hate just ripping things like this out without understanding why it might be there in the first place. My first thought is just another bit of modding from the PO that can go. But, there's always an outside chance that it should be functioning and has become disconected at some point in the past. If I remove it I have a spare purple wire at the back of the dash, so I wonder what that should be for.
Any thoughts?
Car is a series 1.25 1967 RHD FHC (I know that people will moan about there being no such thing as s.1.25, or s.1.5 but it is a late series 1 with open headlights but toggle switches - ie s.1.25!)
Cheers, Paul