Page 1 of 1
#1 Gunmetal grey today’s paint code
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2026 12:30 pm
by Arnoldhar
Hi all, I am having real trouble getting a modern paint code for gunmetal grey from Glasurit or PPG when I reference the original codes from JHT I just get a blank. Does anyone have the equivalent codes in today’s paint tech
Thanks
#2 Re: Gunmetal grey today’s paint code
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2026 1:53 pm
by Simon P
#3 Re: Gunmetal grey today’s paint code
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2026 3:16 pm
by Arnoldhar
Hi Simon if only it was as simple as that, I have spoken to Glasurit and they have no record of that code
That’s what I am up against
Thanks
#4 Re: Gunmetal grey today’s paint code
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2026 12:26 pm
by Simon P
Ah - sorry to hear that. I did have a look through my file last night but I can't find a note of the (Glasurit) code used on my car.
Possibly worth having a word with Angus? He must have a pretty comprehensive range of paint code numbers.
Simon
#5 Re: Gunmetal grey today’s paint code
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2026 1:41 pm
by mgcjag
Original paint was enamel so finding a modern paint code that exactly matches the original is impossible...a scanner or just finding a colour you like is the way to go....iv heard that Mazda Galaxy grey is very similar and it has been used on E types....Steve
#6 Re: Gunmetal grey today’s paint code
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2026 9:27 am
by Boris64
I have the same problème …
My paint supplier used a spectrograph under the Dashboard ,
He find a Porsche référence, but not exactly the good color,
He is going to modify the formula to remote some red …
#7 Re: Gunmetal grey today’s paint code
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2026 4:07 pm
by politeperson
This is what my version came out like. Sorry about the dust and the sun. Can you see it in your region?
My local guys have the old Jaguar paint cards and they seem to be able to find all the colors I ask them to.
If you are looking for Opalescent Gunmetal, they think it is J1052/33661
They send paint all over the place.
VRS 01205 311914
