Page 1 of 1
#1 Modified steering arms - sources?
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2026 3:07 pm
by Jeremy66
I’m potentially looking for a source of modified / custom steering arms to remove bump steer when lowering the top suspension arms and rack on a series 1.
Is there anyone that makes them in the UK?
I’d like to avoid the cost of new Lightweight spec front uprights and steering arms if possible
Thanks
#2 Re: Modified steering arms - sources?
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2026 3:25 pm
by mgcjag
Have a chat with Crossthwait & Gardiner....they may have something or know where to get it made
.. or Rob Beere raceing
#3 Re: Modified steering arms - sources?
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 6:29 pm
by Dawnpatrol
Hi,
Or RS Panels.
I stand to be corrected here but the thing that differentiates the upright is the centres for mounting the MK IX calliper. If you are not going that way or use the cheating calliper adaptors then just the LWE steering arms on their own would do what you need.
As I say I stand to be corrected, my car has the original LWE spec front set up. My good friend who's son raced a white and blue FHC very successfully until recent sale did not have either the uprights or the steering arms and he managed to delete the bump steer.

#4 Re: Modified steering arms - sources?
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 1:34 pm
by Paul bow
Agree with that above, James smith at RS panels is your man, unbelievable wealth of experience and knowledge.