Page 1 of 1

#1 What oil for my gearbox today?

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:12 am
by Philippe-J.
Hello all,

surprisingly enough, I was enable to find an updated answer to a simple question: what oil should I use for my all synchro Jaguar series 1 gearbox?
In some old posts I found references to oils that are NLA, hence my question today.
Thank you for your insights.

Philippe

#2 Re: What oil for my gearbox today?

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:19 am
by mgcjag
Service manual ....4 syncro section....EP90....Steve..Ps one of many gear oil posts viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19749&p=160629&hilit=Mt90#p160629

#3 Re: What oil for my gearbox today?

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:56 am
by Philippe-J.
Thank you Steve, and sorry for being so inefficient at searching in the previous posts.
I'll order Redline MT90 as it is advised by Andrew.
Philippe

#4 Re: What oil for my gearbox today?

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:00 am
by mgcjag
The service manual should be your go to reference....EP90.....some find MT90 better?....some find the gearbox leaks more with it....Steve

#5 Re: What oil for my gearbox today?

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:29 am
by Paul bow
MT90 is a fantastic slick oil for the gearbox, used it for years without any problems..highly recommend

#6 Re: What oil for my gearbox today?

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:36 am
by Philippe-J.
I'll tell you my observations... when I drive the car, which is not tomorrow.
My next step is to start the engine, but I need oil in the gear box for that. Hence my question.
Thanks for your help :salute: