Mystery Bolt

Technical advice Q&A
User avatar

Topic author
skiday
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:43 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

#1 Mystery Bolt

Post by skiday » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:43 pm

It may well come to light in the re-build, but I have this rather distinctive bolt kicking about with all the others and can't remember what it is, but then I didn't do all the stripping down. Anyone recognise it?

Image
Andrew Day. Former owner of S1A 4.2 2+2. Current cars; Aston Martin DBS 1968, Ferrari F355 & Fiat Coupe 20vt. Flag of choice; EU

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


1954Etype
Moderator
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 pm
Contact:
Great Britain

#2 Re: Mystery Bolt

Post by 1954Etype » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:04 pm

Gearbox rear mounting. Screws into the rear of the box and the pin goes through the rubber bobbins.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
skiday
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:43 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

#3

Post by skiday » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:25 pm

Ahh! Cheers!

Matters are not helped by the fact that the rear and fore gearbox mounts don't seem to be covered by either SC's or Barratt's part catalogue, which are usually a major help in re-building. Has anyone perhaps got photos of all the bits involved in the rear gearbox mounting. As I say, I didn't do all the dismantling myself and I have parted company with my mechanic!
Andrew Day. Former owner of S1A 4.2 2+2. Current cars; Aston Martin DBS 1968, Ferrari F355 & Fiat Coupe 20vt. Flag of choice; EU

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic