I saw on another post a mention about ice blasting for cleaning components. The process uses 'dry ice' (frozen CO2 gas).
I also met recently a classic car dealer at an auction who told me whilst looking at a pretty poor E-type engine with paint overspray all over that he always uses this blasting when preparing cars for sale. I had never heard of it before.
I have recently bought an S1 4.2 FHC which needs a bit of TLC on the engine bay.
Does anyone have experience of blasting an engine in situ and the general under bonnet area using this method?
Also does anyone know maybe a mobile operator of the service or else a company where you can take the car to?
Thanks
Steve
Ice Blasting
#2
Hi Steve......have a look at the link....there are a few items on ice blasting if you use the search feature at the top of the page....Steve http://etypeuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... e+blasting
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
Email me or call me directly if you wish to talk further re ice blasting. Not the cheapest solution but certainly results are brilliant.
PM me for email/number.
Further info on www.icecleaners.co.uk and www.Chemtec.co.uk
Malcolm.
PM me for email/number.
Further info on www.icecleaners.co.uk and www.Chemtec.co.uk
Malcolm.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



