restoration

Technical advice Q&A
User avatar

Topic author
zigo
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:58 pm

#1 restoration

Post by zigo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Image
Hi, I'm new in this forum.
I come from Italy and I've a difficult on restoration of my car. Have you ever seen these pieces in one "E Type"??????? I have disassembled 3 years ago and now I can't fix them......................................

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
zigo
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:58 pm

#2

Post by zigo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:54 pm

I forgot to say that is a OTS '63 E Type
Many thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


1954Etype
Moderator
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 pm
Contact:
Great Britain

#3

Post by 1954Etype » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:11 pm

zigo wrote:I forgot to say that is a OTS '63 E Type
Many thanks
I don't recognise them but can't really see them due to the size of the photo. Can you re size it?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Heuer
Administrator
Posts: 15203
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:29 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire
Great Britain

#4

Post by Heuer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Indeed, we need a bigger picture rather than a thumbnail.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
zigo
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:58 pm

#5

Post by zigo » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


christopher storey
Posts: 5698
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: cheshire , england
Great Britain

#6

Post by christopher storey » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:39 pm

The pale blue part looks to me as though it may be a door seal retainer which fits between the front of the door and the bulkhead, however, the apparent curvature in the photograph is rather less than I would have expected for this part. I shall have to think hard about the other part ; it would help to know if there are any holes in the side members of the part which there may be, but it is hard to know from the picture

Happy Christmas to everyone on this board

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


vipergts
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:17 am
Location: Kent
Great Britain

#7

Post by vipergts » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:47 pm

Well...having stripped my coupe and currently rebuilding it I can say I've never seen any parts resembling those

If that helps :?
S1 4.2 Roadster in Resale Red

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


1954Etype
Moderator
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 pm
Contact:
Great Britain

#8

Post by 1954Etype » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:46 am

Ditto. Don't recognise those as E Type. (S1)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Zoli
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 pm
Location: Bagworth Leicestershire UK

#9

Post by Zoli » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:13 pm

The part at the top could be a dynamo mounting bracket?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


frogeater
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: France
France

#10

Post by frogeater » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:07 pm


Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
zigo
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:58 pm

#11

Post by zigo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:42 pm

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The car come from USA and they put it on my Series 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic