Reinstalling a Converted Rev Counter for Electronic Ignition

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
inca
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: UK
Great Britain

#1 Reinstalling a Converted Rev Counter for Electronic Ignition

Post by inca » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi

I have a series 2 E- type, 1969. Installed 123 electronic ignition in the summer of 2011this caused the rev counter to misbehave above 3000rpm. I sent the rev counter off to Speedy Cables to have a conversion done and a month and ?100+ later just received the unit back.

In the original unit there was just one green wire to spade connector which I presume is the (+)? In the new unit it also has a yellow wire with an instruction note to connect "to signal input points side of ignition coil or tacho output of ECU". Presuming it's the former please could I have some advice on how best to make this connection? Will I need to run a wire all the day over to the coil near the rad' or can I connect in to this somewhere under the dashboard?

Any help on how to best do this and what to watch out for would be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links