#1 1964 Series 1 OTS Ignition advance curve
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:08 pm
I have a series 1 OTS 3.8 made in late 1964. The distributor is a 22D6 model number 40887D which Holden Vintage and Classic and The Distributor Doctor both agree is correct. Interestingly this distributor does not feature in the Haynes Manual or the huge Jag E type Service Manual. The ignition advance races towards 40 degrees or so when engine speed is 1200 revs and above even when I remove the vacuum advance. I have acurately marked the timing points on the damper during a rebuild. Does anybody have the advance curve for the 40887D distributor and where I can obtain some new centrifugal weights and springs. I intend to fit these and have their effect tested by someone with a test rig. I would have sent it to to The Distributor Doctor for a complete overhaul but he is quoting 10 weeks backlog. Does anybody know another distributor expert I can use?
Thanks to all of you who spend time helping lost souls like me.
Thanks to all of you who spend time helping lost souls like me.