#1 slow idle on SU carb
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:49 pm
Hi,
I am giving the carbs on my car some loving at the moment and noticed that the slow idle screw on carb 3 (nearest the front of the car) does not have a slow idle screw in place. I thought it may have been lost but on inspection the port appears to have a blanking plug fitted within the body of the carb. Is this a normal configuration? This carb also has the connection to the adv/retard on the distributor and I am wondering if this is why there is no adjustment on this particular carb.
Carbs 1 & 2 have the screws as shown in the various diagrams and manuals.
Is this a normal configuration...or do I have a problem?
Thanks
Kevin
I am giving the carbs on my car some loving at the moment and noticed that the slow idle screw on carb 3 (nearest the front of the car) does not have a slow idle screw in place. I thought it may have been lost but on inspection the port appears to have a blanking plug fitted within the body of the carb. Is this a normal configuration? This carb also has the connection to the adv/retard on the distributor and I am wondering if this is why there is no adjustment on this particular carb.
Carbs 1 & 2 have the screws as shown in the various diagrams and manuals.
Is this a normal configuration...or do I have a problem?
Thanks
Kevin