Anyone here with a Mk VII , VIII or IX?
-
christopher storey
Topic author - Posts: 5698
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: cheshire , england

#1 Anyone here with a Mk VII , VIII or IX?
A friend has just bought a very nice early Mark VII and is considering a change to radial tyres. Is there anyone here with experience of the effects of this and/or which tyres to choose . The wheels are probably the standard early ones i.e. 5 inch wide rather than 5.5 inch
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2
Ring Dougal at Longstone Tyres - he can tell you all you need to know in an honest and informative way. He also has a lot of experience with old Jaguars.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
When I was younger I ran a 1100 MK1 Capri for a while, this had radial tyres. I can honestly say that it was the most fun I have ever had in a low powered car, so much so that when they wore out I replaced with identical tyres.
-------------
Warren
S1 FHC 4.2 OSB
Warren
S1 FHC 4.2 OSB
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Kalle Borg
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:06 pm
- Location: Sweden
- Contact:
#4
I have a Mk7 "M" with new Dunlop radial tyres. I drive this car a lot. I know that radial tyres has a bad reputation, but I think that is mostly because people experiense aged tyres only.
The handling is very good. The car looks very good. You can drive with a slight skid without loosing grip.
On the negative side: You will always notice when driving across the white lines on the road,and on any joint of the asphalt. If the front suspension angles are not correctly set, the tyres will be ruined very fast.
The handling is very good. The car looks very good. You can drive with a slight skid without loosing grip.
On the negative side: You will always notice when driving across the white lines on the road,and on any joint of the asphalt. If the front suspension angles are not correctly set, the tyres will be ruined very fast.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


