Page 1 of 1
#1 colour code
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:19 pm
by kevin potts
hi all E-TYPE OWNERS CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHERETHE COLOUR CODE IS ON 1974 V12 COUPE THANKS
#2
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:28 pm
by Heuer
#3 Re: colour code
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 am
by e-bygum
kevin potts wrote:hi all E-TYPE OWNERS CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHERETHE COLOUR CODE IS ON 1974 V12 COUPE THANKS
The short answer is no. It is not marked on the car anywhere.
#4
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 am
by vee12eman
Hi Kevin,
I thought this would be easy but then I coudn't find or ever remember seeing my own cars' coade on the car. Really it is easy - there isn't a colour code on the car!, This is confirmed in the guide to originality by Richard T Russ, at least, it is confirmed by the fact there is no mention of the location for colour code in there. My car has none and as far as I know, never has.
I think the only way to get it is to get the heritage certificate from JDHT (Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust).
Regards,
Simon