Hi
I am sure that this is covered but I need to have 4 series3 wheels re-chromed -I have already seperated the centres from the rim. Can anyone help- I am in the cotswolds.
Many thanks
Simon
Chroming
-
Simon Bolton
Topic author - Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:05 pm
#2 Re: Chroming
Simon,
There is a very good chrome shop in Bristol that I used not cheap but a really good job. They have a long lead time though. If you are interested I could dig out the info. There used to be a chrome shop in Wickhamford but it's now shut down.
Dave
There is a very good chrome shop in Bristol that I used not cheap but a really good job. They have a long lead time though. If you are interested I could dig out the info. There used to be a chrome shop in Wickhamford but it's now shut down.
Dave
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
Hi Simon,
When in the UK, these were the guys I looked at to re-chrome my S3 wheels:
http://www.marquerestore.co.uk/jagwheels.htm
In the end I found a good s/h set at a fraction of the cost, but it took a lot of looking and several disappointments until I found some. These guys have been going for some time now (it's at leat 8 years since I first looked at them), so should know what they are doing. They are based in Coventry, so not too far from you, although not on your doorstop.
Regards,
Simon
When in the UK, these were the guys I looked at to re-chrome my S3 wheels:
http://www.marquerestore.co.uk/jagwheels.htm
In the end I found a good s/h set at a fraction of the cost, but it took a lot of looking and several disappointments until I found some. These guys have been going for some time now (it's at leat 8 years since I first looked at them), so should know what they are doing. They are based in Coventry, so not too far from you, although not on your doorstop.
Regards,
Simon
Regards,
Simon
Series III FHC
Simon
Series III FHC
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
Simon I can recommend castle chrome Dudley speak to Rob, you may need to prod him a few times but the results are well worth the effort, he has a stand every year at nec and seems to do mainly car parts,
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes
1963 OTS, Nearly
1963 OTS, Nearly
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Simon Bolton
Topic author - Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:05 pm
#5
Thanks for replies.
I know about Dudley but wanted something a bit closer to home and Marquersore seem to have it on the nose and no splitting necessary!!-luckily I've only machined off the welds prior to splitting so re mating the parts not now a problem.
Trouble is they are not answering e-mail or phone at the mo..hey-ho
Simon
I know about Dudley but wanted something a bit closer to home and Marquersore seem to have it on the nose and no splitting necessary!!-luckily I've only machined off the welds prior to splitting so re mating the parts not now a problem.
Trouble is they are not answering e-mail or phone at the mo..hey-ho
Simon
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |




