Hi Chaps
Thought i'd remove the heater box on the old girl this weekend and refinish it.
I've seen cars with the heater boxes both in gloss black and some in satin black. What's the correct factory finish?
Also, did the S2 have the "negative earth" warning riveted to the top of the heater box?
I'm not looking to do any upgrades to the fan at this point in time but any other hints & tips would be handy
Series 2 Heater Box
-
Candellara
Topic author - Posts: 328
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:06 am
- Location: South East
#1 Series 2 Heater Box
69 4.2 FHC ex Race Car
F-Type V8S
Mercedes 300SL 107
F-Type V8S
Mercedes 300SL 107
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2
Gloss black for the S1 4.2's and S2's: http://www.jcna.com/library/concours/2006/e-type2.pdf
The negative earth yellow plate was discontinued in late 1969 I believe.
The negative earth yellow plate was discontinued in late 1969 I believe.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
KingRichard
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 8:27 am
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:

#3
Hi,
My car is from april 1969 and doesn't have the yellow plate. Perhaps there was a difference between RHD UK cars (mine was) and US cars. But I'm not aware of that.
It was in gloss I believe, although little fainted at the time I refurbished it.
Regards,
Richard
My car is from april 1969 and doesn't have the yellow plate. Perhaps there was a difference between RHD UK cars (mine was) and US cars. But I'm not aware of that.
It was in gloss I believe, although little fainted at the time I refurbished it.
Regards,
Richard
E-type series 2 2+2 RHD 1969
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Candellara
Topic author - Posts: 328
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:06 am
- Location: South East
#4
Thanks All
Don't think mine should have the plate (Oct 69) - there's certainly no old rivet roles
Don't think mine should have the plate (Oct 69) - there's certainly no old rivet roles
69 4.2 FHC ex Race Car
F-Type V8S
Mercedes 300SL 107
F-Type V8S
Mercedes 300SL 107
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



