Page 1 of 1

#1 Series 2 Heater Box

Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:03 pm
by Candellara
Hi Chaps

Thought i'd remove the heater box on the old girl this weekend and refinish it.

I've seen cars with the heater boxes both in gloss black and some in satin black. What's the correct factory finish?

Also, did the S2 have the "negative earth" warning riveted to the top of the heater box?

I'm not looking to do any upgrades to the fan at this point in time but any other hints & tips would be handy

#2

Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:17 pm
by Heuer
Gloss black for the S1 4.2's and S2's: http://www.jcna.com/library/concours/2006/e-type2.pdf
The negative earth yellow plate was discontinued in late 1969 I believe.

#3

Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:35 pm
by KingRichard
Hi,

My car is from april 1969 and doesn't have the yellow plate. Perhaps there was a difference between RHD UK cars (mine was) and US cars. But I'm not aware of that.

It was in gloss I believe, although little fainted at the time I refurbished it.

Regards,
Richard

#4

Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:41 pm
by Candellara
Thanks All

Don't think mine should have the plate (Oct 69) - there's certainly no old rivet roles