Hello
I need to remove the courtesy light from the roof of my Series 1 coupe however I cannot easily see how to do it and do not want to pull anything too hard incase it breaks. Can someone let me know how it is done?
Thanks
Myles
Removing Courtesy Light
-
Moeregaard
- Posts: 763
- Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:23 pm
- Location: Thousand Oaks, California

#2
The little metal tab that secures the plastic lens is really stiff. I've found that grasping the lens close to the tab, and gently rocking it as you pull down works well. You can also use a small screwdriver blade to relieve some of the tab's tension, but don't pry against the plastic. If your lens is original, the plastic is probably getting brittle, so be careful.
Mark (Moe) Shipley
Former owner '66FHC, #1E32208
Former owner '65FHC, #1E30036
Planning on getting E-Type No. 3 as soon as possible....
Former owner '66FHC, #1E32208
Former owner '65FHC, #1E30036
Planning on getting E-Type No. 3 as soon as possible....
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



