Page 1 of 1

#1 Zeus Precision Tables

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:24 am
by rfs1957
Maybe everybody knows this already, but ....... best source of fraction/metric/decimal workshop charts, and thread type/pitch/tapping etc that I find indispensable for Jaguar work can be found here as a .pdf

http://www.bikers1.com/shed/shed2/viewt ... f=3&t=4248

or here as a plastic-coated bench-top tool for ?6.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zeus-Precisio ... 2c5f74591c

#2

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:46 am
by stef
Looks good. I just bought one off ebay OZ.

Thanks for the heads up

#3

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:32 am
by rfs1957
One happy customer at least ! My tables have been in constant bench-use since 1978 and have seen better days, so I was overjoyed this morning to see that they are still available, in a world where us horny-handed-sons-of-toil are a dying breed.

Where else could one confirm that the chrome-bezel headlamp screws are indeed 8-32 UNC at 0.19" diameter and 0.03125" pitch / 32 TPI, and NOT 2-BA at 0.185" diameter and 0.0319" pitch = 31.35 TPI, which is what - some few inches distant and on the same bonnet !! - the front side-light/indicator unit mounting screws are.

You couldn't make it up, could you ? Must get out more often ......

#4

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:16 pm
by PeterCrespin
Had a laminated set hanging on a nail by the lathe. Still got the tables, had to sell the lathe. Was thinking this morning I will need to buy one here in US to finish the D tub next year.

As for the two thread types, they are totally consistent but two different makers and classes of parts. BA was standard through pretty much all electrical stuff, including lamps, none of which was made by Jaguar. The stuff Jaguar made was also pretty consistent but where electrical and boxy parts are juxtaposed you get the 'discrepancy' through comparing apples and pears.

Yes, we need to get out more, although I can boast having been out already this morning. The dog is not a great conversationalist though...

#5

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:39 pm
by abowie
Curmugeonly Luddites.
I have an iPhone app for that.

#6

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:28 am
by stef
A printed copy will long outlive your iphone.
abowie wrote:Curmugeonly Luddites.
I have an iPhone app for that.

#7

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:41 pm
by Heuer
Pah - that's kids stuff. This is the one you want:
Image

Two of the 542 pages
Image



List of contents: http://www.sequoiapublishing.com/pdt_po ... detail.htm

Essential!

#8

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:52 pm
by abowie
Heuer wrote:
Essential!
Purchased!