Page 1 of 1

#1 Series 1 seat belt set up

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:30 pm
by andrewh
My 62 FHC does not have or has ever had seat belts. Rather late in the day as she is now fully painted and in the latter stages of building it up, it occurred to me that I should think about a set of seat belts. I see that in about 64 Jaguar added a boss under the rear side window to fix the shoulder strap but not sure what to do with my car. Presumably they were an option from new even in 62 . Can someone please enlighten me what to do or where to fix the belts please?

#2

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:35 pm
by rfs1957
Well that didn't get you very far Andrew !

Mine being an OTS, this may not be much help on a Coup? but might just focus your mind on a couple of the issues ?

http://etypeuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36760#36760

Kind regards, Rory

#3

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:23 pm
by 265bhp
hi Andrew

apologies, meant to reply days ago, but was distracted by xmas?.

these are pictures taken of my 63 FHC

is this what you were looking for??


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


let me know if you need more details
regards
Jonathan

#4

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:34 pm
by andrewh
Thank you guys and apologies for only just noticing your replies. For some reason I never get notifications of replies so have to trawl though my posts to check.

I was wondering about how the belts fitted but have now discovered the boss under the side windows albeit its a different threaded item to your which i believe were fitted in late 63? and there are two bolts on the floor I gather. Think I should be ok now. Much appreciated

#5

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:35 pm
by Heuer
Service Bulletin Jan 1962:
Image

#6

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:36 pm
by andrewh
JUST PERFECT DAVID. Where do you turn this stuff up? Many thanks for this.

Andrew

#7

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:27 am
by Heuer
A bit more info concerning threads etc:
Image