Page 1 of 1

#1 Rear Bumper Rubber

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:26 pm
by DT
Well I have bought a new seal for the bumper on my Series 2 from SNG. The bumper is off the car and has been profiled before being re-chromed. I have now spent 8 hours trying to fit it. Advise on best technique please as I can't get it to fit between the bumper and the body and it keeps coming out. Does anyone know what profile it should be so I can check I have the correct one?

Many thanks

#2

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:44 pm
by Heuer
Fitting the bumpers has just been covered here: http://etypeuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5216

Seal profiles (arrowed to correct bumper seal):
Image

And for completeness of all things rubber:

Image

#3

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:40 pm
by DT
Thanks for this information

Catalogues show BD18947 as the rubber for the front bumper on Series 2 and BD35977 for the rear

The rear seal on the series 2 goes in in 1 piece. Can the same approach of super glue be used?

Thanks