Hi. I'm trying to find out how to interpret bolt/screw measurements from the Jaguar Parts Catalogue, e.g. UFB 131/26R or UFS 131/6R. I'm guessing that one must be the diameter of the bolt and the other the length but advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks and kind regards,
George
Bolt measurements
#2
All available in the Forum Knowledge Base:
Jaguar Nuts, Bolts and Fasteners specs: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/849 ... teners.pdf
Jaguar Grommets and plugs profiles: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/849 ... ommets.pdf
Jaguar S3 rubber seal profiles: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/849 ... ofiles.pdf
Jaguar Nuts, Bolts and Fasteners specs: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/849 ... teners.pdf
Jaguar Grommets and plugs profiles: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/849 ... ommets.pdf
Jaguar S3 rubber seal profiles: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/849 ... ofiles.pdf
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
gmunro
Topic author - Posts: 119
- Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:34 pm
- Location: Hillsborough, Northern Ireland

#3
David - many thanks indeed. The information is perfect.
Can you advise exactly what the difference is between a bolt and a setscrew? I have two measurements as follows -
UFB 131/26R and
UFS 131/6R
From your sheets I can work out the bolt/setscrew dimensions/length etc but I cannot work out the difference between a bolt and a setscrew.
Once again, many thanks and kind regards,
George
Can you advise exactly what the difference is between a bolt and a setscrew? I have two measurements as follows -
UFB 131/26R and
UFS 131/6R
From your sheets I can work out the bolt/setscrew dimensions/length etc but I cannot work out the difference between a bolt and a setscrew.
Once again, many thanks and kind regards,
George
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
A setscrew has a thread the whole length of the shank right up to the head, where a bolt has thread up to a certain length of the shank.
Dave
Dave
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
gmunro
Topic author - Posts: 119
- Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:34 pm
- Location: Hillsborough, Northern Ireland

#5
David - once again, many thanks for your advice and assistance in this.
Kind regards,
George
Kind regards,
George
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


