Door base bolts for Wondow support

Technical advice Q&A
User avatar

Topic author
Simonpfhc
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Surrey
Great Britain

#1 Door base bolts for Wondow support

Post by Simonpfhc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:40 am

Hi all,

I have welded in new bases to the bottom of both my door shells. I am now about to refit the two bolts that bolt the brackets that locate the chrome window guides to the door base.

I have managed to remove the two bolts from each of the old door bases, but it looks like they were originally spot welded with a special attachment.

Not owning any spot weldong equipment, I am wondering how anyone else has managed to locate these bolts in place.

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers.
Simon
62 3.8 FHC
91 Porsche 928GT
Find me on Instagram and Facebook @oldcarfixer

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


paulsco
Posts: 825
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Great Britain

#2

Post by paulsco » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi Simon,

I brazed them in; it?s possible to get the braze to flow in under the heads (door up side down) and it looks quite original.

Paul

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
Simonpfhc
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Surrey
Great Britain

#3

Post by Simonpfhc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:50 am

Thanks Paul.

I don't have a torch, but the guy putting the skins on for me does ;-)

Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Simon
62 3.8 FHC
91 Porsche 928GT
Find me on Instagram and Facebook @oldcarfixer

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic