What is this Speedometer to? S. Smith & Sons Nome O Jewe

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
fofa
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 am

#1 What is this Speedometer to? S. Smith & Sons Nome O Jewe

Post by fofa » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:17 am

Hello, I've got a S Smith & Sons England Limited Made in UK Nome o Jewel Patent applied for Speedo with 150 mph dial and click mileage below. It reads SSM/5001/06 1000 Made in UK and the letter L under the mileage counter.
I haven't the foggiest what it is off of and can't seem to find a site online demystifying it. Can anyone tell me what car it is to before I toss it in the junk pile? It has a sticker on the back of 118 or 811 and a clear sticker on front saying " Important Do not pull trip shaft down, Rotate only to snap fit-reset. I thought it was off a motorcycle but now am thinking it's off a car. It was in a steel tool kit with a leather handle strap with the name New British. I bought the tool box to plant flowers in and found it inside. :D [/img]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


iani
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#2

Post by iani » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:32 am

A quick search on Google shows this to be from a Triumph motorcycle.

Ian
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
fofa
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 am

#3

Post by fofa » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:51 am

Oh thank you Iani! That was my first thought was Triumph motorcycle but I'm not a guy and don't really know about these things. Smith seems to have stuck their speedos in a lot of different things! How can I test if it works? It is on a bracket with a kind of nut off the back center. I suppose I should just leave it alone before I damage it lol. Thanks a bunch to everyone who has answered! :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic