My etype will soon complete the import process and I was wondering if anyone could recommend where I could get it rust proofed, something like waxoyl etc?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dave
Recommend a rust proof process?
#2 Re: Recommend a rust proof process?
Someone I can't remember their name now used to advertise in the JEC mag.Zei220 wrote:My etype will soon complete the import process and I was wondering if anyone could recommend where I could get it rust proofed, something like waxoyl etc?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dave
I did it myself using a pro shutz gun and an old can of Shutz and made an attachment to go on the end of the gun with a nylon hose. What a mess, the stuff goes everywhere and then on hot days it runs out and looks like dog poo on the drive. This only happens a few times until the excess has drained off.
Dave
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
Thanks dave...
Anyone know the name of the company dave mentions?
Anyone know the name of the company dave mentions?
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
Hi Dave,
There are companies specialising in this (although I've not used them myself), e.g. http://www.waxoylprofessional.com/
A few companies also advertise on ebay
Alternatively there are DIY waxoyl kits available with different nozzles, etc to enable you to get into all the nooks, crannies, box sections, etc.
HTH
Neil
There are companies specialising in this (although I've not used them myself), e.g. http://www.waxoylprofessional.com/
A few companies also advertise on ebay
Alternatively there are DIY waxoyl kits available with different nozzles, etc to enable you to get into all the nooks, crannies, box sections, etc.
HTH
Neil
Neil
1962 S1 OTS
1967 S1 FHC
1962 S1 OTS
1967 S1 FHC
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5
Problem with the Shutz stuff is that water can still get in and chase underneath it so you can't see the rush forming. And it looks rubbish!
I'd treat any rust first with a converter and then waxoyl it.
I'd treat any rust first with a converter and then waxoyl it.
Richard
____________
1972 S3 2+2 - Black with Red leather, 4 Speed and Wires
1966 S Type 3.8 MOD - ex South Africa
1994 XJS V12 coupe - 59,000 miles
____________
1972 S3 2+2 - Black with Red leather, 4 Speed and Wires
1966 S Type 3.8 MOD - ex South Africa
1994 XJS V12 coupe - 59,000 miles
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#6
Hello Dave,
I've just noticed you are only half an hour away. If it's something you fancy having a bash at yourself, I have a large compressor, the application gun and an assortment of nozzles and extensions. You are welcome to call round. What I don't have unfortunately is a ramp which would make it a lot easier. As others have said, I would be reluctant to just cover up existing rust. It needs to be treated first. Have a look at www.rust.co.uk there is quite a bit of useful info on there.
Simon
I've just noticed you are only half an hour away. If it's something you fancy having a bash at yourself, I have a large compressor, the application gun and an assortment of nozzles and extensions. You are welcome to call round. What I don't have unfortunately is a ramp which would make it a lot easier. As others have said, I would be reluctant to just cover up existing rust. It needs to be treated first. Have a look at www.rust.co.uk there is quite a bit of useful info on there.
Simon
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |





