I am looking to replace my 10 year old rubber and expecting to get some Blockleys. They come highly recommended by my local XK and E-Type specialist who now fit them as standard on their own cars.
Looking around the market I was surprised to see a new entrant to the classic tyre market, Nankang from Taiwan.
They have 185VR15 tyres with a tread very similar to Michelins.
They are being sold online by quite a few suppliers across Europe, but also now by at least one of the established classic car specialist tyre suppliers in the UK.
Maybe they could be an option for owners who only do a limited mileage and generally only go out when its dry.
The only opinion I could find about them was from a classic Citroen owner -
https://citroenclassics.wordpress.com/2 ... -d-models/
The prices online are amazingly low which tends to make one rather sceptical about them e.g.
http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop. ... l=standard
It seems like Nankang are a well established tyre manufacturer who make a whole range of vehicle tyres including for performance cars.
Is this the way the market is going, because I see in an earlier post Blockleys are also made in the Far East.
Has anyone any more information or views about the tyres...
New budget tyre supplier
-
mystery type
- Posts: 950
- Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:46 am
- Location: lancashire

#2
Would they have Nankang from Taiwan printed on the sidewalls?or views about the tyres..
dont think i could live with that... at any price. :(
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
Nankang have a good reputation for their winter tyres..
Gerry.
S2 FHC 1R20003
S2 FHC 1R20003
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
They do indeed have Nankang stamped on the walls; great price though!
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
KingRichard
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 8:27 am
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:

#5 Re: New budget tyre supplier
Hi,
Noticed them before.
Review on Citroen site is good, haven't read that before, thanks.
Would be great to see a review of the tyres on an E-type compared to Michelin XVS, Pirelli Cinturato, Vredesteins Classics etc.
I planning on putting XVS on board, but the price is keeping me waiting.
Also interested in the Blockleys but for the price they are, I would still buy the XVS.
Richard
Noticed them before.
Review on Citroen site is good, haven't read that before, thanks.
Would be great to see a review of the tyres on an E-type compared to Michelin XVS, Pirelli Cinturato, Vredesteins Classics etc.
I planning on putting XVS on board, but the price is keeping me waiting.
Also interested in the Blockleys but for the price they are, I would still buy the XVS.
Richard
E-type series 2 2+2 RHD 1969
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


