proper rubber seal kit and door adjustment

Technical advice Q&A
User avatar

Topic author
Quattrofrank
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:17 pm
Location: Norway, Oslo
Norway

#1 proper rubber seal kit and door adjustment

Post by Quattrofrank » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:51 am

Hi

My series 2 fhc has poorly fitted doors and bonnet and is taking water like titanic when its washed. I will be fixing this soon as the car is about to get roadworthy again.
In order to get the doors fitting well I intend to remove all of the rubber seal to be sure that there is not due to rubber seals.
I have tried to bring the doors closer to body by adjusting the doorlock on b pillar but there is not enough adjustment. I suspect it is because of wrong rubber seals.

After reading up on the forum it seems like this is a problem for more than myself.

Can anyone advise on a supplier that have a kit with the correct seals? I intend to change them all as I dont thrust the company that did the restoration at some point in time. Almost everything they have touch or looked at is crap.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

chrisvine
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Windsor
Contact:
Great Britain

#2

Post by chrisvine » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:52 am

COH Baines seem to be the supplier of choice http://www.coh-baines.co.uk/
1969 S2 OTS, Elise S1

Restoration Blog : http://etype.chrisvine.com/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic