Page 1 of 1

#1 Electrical supplies- "Hermaphrodite" Plugs arrived

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:50 am
by Mountain King
Does anyone know a good supplier of period electrical fittings such as these:
Image

I have these just in, 2-way and 3-way
I ordered a few extra as I thought people may be interested in a few...
closest i could find to the original used on the fan wiring loom.

Andy

Image

#2

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:35 am
by MarekH
I make them, but typically only as part of a custom loom.

kind regards
Marek

#3

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:15 am
by Mountain King
Thanks Marek,
I was actually meaning the bullets, connectors, rubber sheaths etc

Cheers

#4

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:30 am
by rolando38

#5

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:51 am
by Mountain King
Thanks for AES reference
They have a lot, but not the double connector at the top of the photo. Is from the fan wiring loom, SNG don't supply.

Cheers

Andy

#6

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:59 pm
by andrewk
Andy,

When I rebuilt my fan motors, these double connectors leading off the motors were shot.

Having used Autosparks for my harnesses, I spoke to them to see if they could help. Apparently they have a special "vacuum" machine to fabricate the connectors and they can only be formed on the wiring cable.

At first they were a little reluctant to help, however in the end they agreed if I sent them the original wire to copy and ordered 10.

After all, it wasn't that expensive and I got everything back in a week.

This was about 5 or so years ago, nevertheless give them a call and see if they can help you.

All the best,
Andrew

#7

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:35 pm
by Mountain King
I have managed to source the closest thing i can find to a the original rubberised 2 pin "hermaphroditic" bullet plug:

http://www.cycleterminal.com/vintage-ru ... ector.html

if anyone is interested in either the two or three pin, let me know. I'm ordering a few extras as the postage is excessive..

#8

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:21 pm
by Mountain King
please see my first post at the top of Page 1 to see the plugs tht have arrived, tough rubber and look almost "period"

Andy