Page 1 of 1

#1 Adhesive for Koolmat

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:02 pm
by guyjohnwood@aol.com
Hello,

I have some pre cut Koolmat for my FHC. Sadly, it did not come with any adhesive, and the brand recommended is proving difficult to source. Can anyone suggest another adhesive to fix the Koolmat to the car ( ie not the grey side which faces up )

Thanks,

Guy

#2

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:29 pm
by Heuer
viewtopic.php?t=181

Image
Contact adhesive - Alphabond AF178

#3 adhesive

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:54 pm
by MLBS3V12
Hi there,

I think you have to use a neoprene rubber.
You pre glued 2 parts, you wait enough and you press the 2 parts one on the
other.
Regards
Michel

#4

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:07 am
by JagWaugh
I used hi temp contact cement from the local building center. Be aware that if you have any bitumen sound deadening installed then that has to come out, as the contact cement won't properly adhere to it with this cement - at least it didn't in my case.

Andrew