Ex military cylinder head in Series 1

Technical advice Q&A
User avatar

Topic author
kingzetts
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:33 am
Location: Worcester UK
Great Britain

#1 Ex military cylinder head in Series 1

Post by kingzetts » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:05 pm

I think I will need to overhaul my cylinder head next winter (the one part of the mechanicals I did not overhaul when the car was restored). As it is not the original head (it's from a Mk10 saloon, fitted before my time) I may also consider simply fitting a replacement head. I have been offered an ex-military XK head at a good price, fully built up with cams etc.

My question is, will I need to change the inlet cam for an earlier design capable of driving the tach generator, or do all the cams have the ability to drive the tach gen?

I have tried to search around this but without success so far.

Thanks for any advice.
John '62 S1 OTS (now sold)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links