#1 SII - Bodged Flexi Brake Pipe
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:51 pm
As part of other work, I decided to replace some of the flexi brake pipes from the driver side reservoir and the the reservac.
I did not label this well (there's a shock!!) and so I experienced problems with the replacing. So I dipped into manual and realised that I've been driving around with a bodged system for 23 years.
A previous owner/mechanic has blocked off the tube from the check valve to the reservac and connected the reservac somewhere else. I am still not sure where the reservac was connected to (poor labelling) - but interestingly it did have brake fluid in it.
I was wondering, before I start re-assembling the system (to spec!!), if anyone can think of why this bodge was undertaken - surely it was undertaken for some reason?
Cheers, John
I did not label this well (there's a shock!!) and so I experienced problems with the replacing. So I dipped into manual and realised that I've been driving around with a bodged system for 23 years.
A previous owner/mechanic has blocked off the tube from the check valve to the reservac and connected the reservac somewhere else. I am still not sure where the reservac was connected to (poor labelling) - but interestingly it did have brake fluid in it.
I was wondering, before I start re-assembling the system (to spec!!), if anyone can think of why this bodge was undertaken - surely it was undertaken for some reason?
Cheers, John