Page 1 of 1
#1 Series 1 radiator top support spacers
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:31 pm
by tim wood
Hi, I think I am missing the spacer parts (bd25765) which go under the arms that attach the top of the radiator to the frame and header tank.
I'm thinking that rather than buy some I could turn them up from nylon.
Does anyone know the dimensions?
Thanks (I know it's a long shot)
Tim
#2
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:24 pm
by nefematic
Tim,
I'm in the garage and don't have catalogues handy. Is this the part?
I have a S2 so it might be different on mine.
Martin
#3
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:55 pm
by 265bhp
Tim
Around 15/16mm o/a diameter and around 6/7mm thick I recall....was looking at some on a car at the London Classic show on Saturday
Best
Jonathan
#4 Re: Series 1 radiator top support spacers
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:57 pm
by abowie
tim wood wrote:
Thanks (I know it's a long shot)
Tim
About 20 feet to the garage.
The ones on mine are 5/8" by 1/4" high and have a 5/16" hole in them.
#5
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:15 pm
by tim wood
Well, thanks to all. I'm astonished by the number and detail of the replies to my question. I really did think I was having to buy some just to get the sizes.
This forum is fantastic-
Regards to all
Tim
#6
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:18 pm
by tim wood
Just bought some of eBay ?3 for 10 delivered
About ?4 each plus postage from the usual major suppliers!
Tim
#7
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:12 pm
by 265bhp
Hi Tim
Who did you buy those from please, can you cut and paste the eBay advert
Thanks
Jonathan
#8
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:09 am
by tim wood
They are nylon spacers in close metric sizes.
If you wish I will post you a couple since I will have a few spare.just let me know
I,ll find the ad later and post it up anyway
Tim
#9
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:00 pm
by 265bhp
hi Tim
kind offer, thank you, I need to get a few of these as I will also look into using them for the spacers under the seats as well as mine are too rusty, so just the for sale site would be more than enough
did some digging around....looks like a few owners have had different ways of using spacers...!

#10
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:57 pm
by tim wood
The supplier I used was TBWfasteners seem to sell all sort of useful bits and pieces
Good selection under Nylon Plastic Spacers
Tim