Series 2 Fan Belt

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
rswift
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: Bedfordshire UK
Great Britain

#1 Series 2 Fan Belt

Post by rswift » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:18 pm

I had a frustrating couple of hours trying to fit a new fan belt on my S2 today.

It's a LHD with PAS, and I'm struggling with the Crank pulley to Water-pump.

I still have the tensioner fitted, and all appears to be working. The old belt was very loose, and began to slip under load.

I got the replacement from SNG, part number C28955, but I can't seem to get it on anyhow....project abandoned for tonight.

I'm wondering if it is the correct part, or anyone encountered this before. The outer circumference seems to be about right..i.e. slightly less than the belt I have removed, but the inner is smaller due to the teeth, which are a little bigger.

Any advice re belt replacement gratefully received !

Thank you

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
rswift
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: Bedfordshire UK
Great Britain

#2

Post by rswift » Mon May 02, 2016 6:28 pm

As an update. Belt is on, correct but Vety tight to fit. I managed to get most of it on, then a quick spin of the starter to get it on fully. But twisted !...a few more turns and it sorted itself out !

All appears to be ok, tensioner working, not too tight, just a hard/frustrating job.

I'm going to carry the old (stretched) belt as a spare ... as it will be easier to fit in an emergency.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic