Im (still1) trying to diagnose a starting fault on my 73 series3 ots which has been standing for years. I have (fresh) fuel pressure, compression, and fat sparks. It wont fire but will splutter if I spray fuel into air intakes. The plugs remain dry. Its a US spec so has lots of emissions pipework and Im wondering if there is a vacuum leak.
My main question is: On cranking the engine, should the carburettor pistons lift?
Thank you
David
Stromberg piston lift
#2 Re: Stromberg piston lift
There should not be enough vacuum to lift the pistons just cranking it on the starter. They will sit flat down on the bridge with the car idling.
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
Thanks Andrew thats all I needed to know
best
David
best
David
David Offord
1972 Series3 ots
1972 Series3 ots
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |




