S2 OTS locked out of the boot

Technical advice Q&A
User avatar

Topic author
mark10337
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:11 am
Location: Switzerland
Switzerland

#1 S2 OTS locked out of the boot

Post by mark10337 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:44 pm

Hi all

Soooo.... well... yup. I was adjusting the boot latch today on my Series 2 OTS and closed it. Unfortunately I had not fully tightened the release cable and when I pulled it to open the boot lid, it just came straight out.

So the question is, where is the access to flick the boot lock open again. I know on a Series 1 there is a hole behind the number plate, but on a Series 2?
-Mark

1969 Series 2 OTS, Regency Red
'Life's to short to drive a boring car'

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

chrisvine
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Windsor
Contact:
Great Britain

#2 Re: S2 OTS locked out of the boot

Post by chrisvine » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:53 pm

Mark,

Have you tried removing the number plate light to gain access to the release lever on the lock mechanism?

Chris
1969 S2 OTS, Elise S1

Restoration Blog : http://etype.chrisvine.com/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
mark10337
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:11 am
Location: Switzerland
Switzerland

#3 Re: S2 OTS locked out of the boot

Post by mark10337 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi Chris

Thank you. Yes! I removed the number plate light and there is a small blanking grommet there. Removing that, allowed me to get a small screwdriver through the hole, and after some poking managed to release the mechanism.

Once again. Thank you!
-Mark

1969 Series 2 OTS, Regency Red
'Life's to short to drive a boring car'

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic