Page 1 of 1

#1 Quaterlight glas seal

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:13 pm
by Quattrofrank
Hi

I`m going to get the chrome rechromed so I had to take apart the quater light. There is some sort of rubber seal around the window that is not in good shape so it needs to be replaced.
Anyone know what the name for this part is and where I can get it?

Image

#2 Re: Quaterlight glas seal

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:44 pm
by JagWaugh
Frank,

Oddly it isn't called out in the parts book. On the Saloons it is, the material is called "Everseal". Ask at a car glass place, you want something a bit stiffer than the usual non hardening sealer.

Andrew

#3 Re: Quaterlight glas seal

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:37 pm
by Quattrofrank
Does anyone have an idea on where to source this?
Or what do people normally do when rechroming and changing glas?

My measurements indicates that the everseal strip is 2mm thick and 12mm wide. I have not been sucsessful in finding everseal in that thickness or width.
The width can probably be cutted correctly but the thickness is an issue.

Apreciate advise

#4 Re: Quaterlight glas seal

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:52 pm
by JagWaugh
Another name for it is "Glass setting tape", try googling that.

Here is one hit:

https://www.bobdrake.com/Categories7.as ... ettingtape

#5 Re: Quaterlight glas seal

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:05 pm
by Quattrofrank
Andrew

Thank you, glass setting tape gave better results.
Ordered a set from ebay now, even found 5/64" and I belive that is almost 2mm :)

#6 Re: Quaterlight glas seal

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:42 pm
by JagWaugh
No problem. Sorry I didn't think of the other term earlier. I have lived in a German speaking world long enough now that much of my English technical vocabulary has disappeared.