Page 1 of 1

#1 Fuel line connection

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:48 pm
by tim wood
Evening all,

I wonder if anyone can help on thus ?
Dies anyone know the thread size for the brass male fitting that connects the fuel feed from the pipe linking the 3 SU carbs to the flexible leading to the filter. I've managed to remove the olive and the male fitting and have a new olive but the nut is beyond salvage

I have a new flexi line from the filter but the connection at the carb end has been mangled by many years of heavy mole grips!

Thanks

Tim

#2 Re: Fuel line connection

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:49 am
by abowie
I've never removed this. It's likely some sort of wierdo plumbing thread/fitting. I would probably just get it brazed up before you plate the whole thing.

Or you could just remove the olive and slip the flexible hose over the fitting and clamp it in place.

#3 Re: Fuel line connection

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:21 am
by JagWaugh
tim wood wrote:Evening all,

I wonder if anyone can help on thus ?
Dies anyone know the thread size for the brass male fitting that connects the fuel feed from the pipe linking the 3 SU carbs to the flexible leading to the filter. I've managed to remove the olive and the male fitting and have a new olive but the nut is beyond salvage

I have a new flexi line from the filter but the connection at the carb end has been mangled by many years of heavy mole grips!

Thanks

Tim
Tim,

Measure the OD of the male fitting, and the thread pitch, and if possible the size A/F of what is left of the hex. With the pitch and OD of the fitting and the OD of the pipe you should be able to nail the part you are looking for. Then have a look at:

https://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct ... 6+Fittings

Andrew

#4 Re: Fuel line connection

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:14 am
by mgcjag
Hi Tim.....otherwise give Burlan fuel a call or search there website https://burlen.co.uk they should have the parts

#5 Re: Fuel line connection

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:58 pm
by tim wood
Thanks chaps, good useful advice

Tim

#6 Re: Fuel line connection

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:17 pm
by tim wood
Just to finish this off.
After a bit of searching I picked up the correct fitting from Automec part number HU26.

It's a 9/16 24unf

Regards

Tim